Top Ten favourite films/Top three favourite films plus a bunch of others that I really enjoy.
Top 3 (In no particular order)
1. The King’s Speech (2010), Tom Hooper/Momentum Pictures (Drama)
2. Pride & Prejudice (2005), Joe Wright/StudioCanal (Drama)
3. Boy (2010), Taika Waititi/Transmission Films (Drama)
Others that I really enjoy (also in no particular order)
4. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968), Ken Hughes/Warfield Productions (Musical)
5. October Baby (2011), Erwin Brothers/Provident Films (Drama)
6. Shutter Island (2010), Martin Scorsese/Paramount (Thiller)
7. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (2006), Gore Verbinski/Walt Disney (Fantasy)
8. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003), Peter Jackson/WingNut Films (Fantasy)
9. Titanic (1997), James Cameron/20th Century Fox (Drama)
10. Bridesmaids (2011), Paul Feig/Universal (Comedy)
Though some of the films on my list haven’t been categorized as drama, most of them cross over into that genre too. For me, Bridesmaids is a comedy/drama as the themes in it have been very relevant to me and I think that’s the point of the drama genre, to be relatable.
I noticed that half of the films on my list were released in 2010/11; must have been a good couple of years!